Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Favorite Book of All Time

So, before I start, I would like to apologize for not blogging in a while. I have a life, so yea. I read The Fault in Our Stars for school recently, although I have read this book multiple times before. This is my all time favorite book of all time, like, seriously, I am in love with this book. If I could marry a book, this would be it. I am sure no one is as in love with this book as I am. I could read this book all day everyday if I could. For all of those who have read it, I am like Hazel and An Imperial Affliction. No joke. Anyway, on to the review.

Well, naturally, I loved the book. I loved the characters (I wish more boys were like Augustus). I love how you can quote it all of the time (some infinites are larger than other infinites). I love the setting (INDY). For those of you that haven't figured it out yet, I live in Indianapolis, so this book was great for me. When she talks about certain places, I know exactly where she is talking about (like, Lazy Bones is real people!).

Peter van Houten was such a greatly developed character, no words can even explain him. He was so hateable yet you feel bad for him at the same time. His assistant was great. She was just indescribably great. Augustus was probably the best male character I have read about in a while.

This book made me laugh, cry, and laugh while crying.  think everyone over the age of 12 should read it (yes there is some adult-ish stuff). Please read this book, I would love you forever.


Rating Scale for Books:
1-5
0- Couldn't get past page 10 in fear of dying.
1- Ew. probably didn't make it past chapter 5 and then looked up the end.
2- Okay. May have been better if I wrote it.
3- Not bad. I'd recommend it.
4- My kind of book. There were probably only a few things that bothered me.
5- I liked this book. End of story.
6 and up- It was so epic I died a little inside.

Score
7/5

As always, if you have anything you'd like me to review, leave it in the comments.

~Stone 

No comments:

Post a Comment