Monday, April 2, 2012

A Million Suns By: Beth Revis

This is my first post so please, be nice. The book that I read first was A Million Suns by Beth Revis. It was very good and in short I am going to explain it.

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK (or if you don't plan on reading them at all) I MAY ACCIDENTALLY RUIN SOMETHING! YOU ARE WARNED.

Anyways, so Amy and Elder are on a ship called Godspeed headed to another planet for colonization. They find out that the ship isn't moving, but they are actually there. Bad stuff happens. The End. Although my summary sounds very bland, I actually really enjoyed the book. The first book, Across the Univers, was really good. I read it last summer thinking "It's long. I like long books. The people on the cover look like they might kiss. I like romance." Then I started reading it and I was like "Ewwww. It's science fiction." But I actually really enjoyed it. I'm going to admit, I really don't like science fiction, I've tried reading and writing it and I just can't get into it. But as said a million other times, this was my exception.

I think another reason I like it is because I really like these books is because I feel I can relate to the characters. Sure, I'm pretty sure they are older than me (I believe that they are 16) and I'm about 2 years younger. I really felt tied to the character of Elder, more than Amy, which is odd because Amy is a girl. I kind of liked Elder's voice more, even though they both had a relatively same voice (pro and con). I think I'm kind of weird when I read books, I tend to like one character over the other. I like how he wanted to be a leader, but not take the name of Eldest and how he kind of struggled for power. He didn't want to take after the last Eldest and yet he flashes to thoughts of Eldest a lot at the end.

Now the things I didn't like. The end. LADY! YOU LEFT ME ON AN EDGE! AND I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JANUARY TO READ THE NEXT BOOK! WHAT?!?!??!?!!!!!!! The end was super suspenseful and I wasn't very happy anyways. I mean, they were mad at each other. You could have had them make up first! I don't mean any disrespect to the author, I mean I can't write this well so..... Whatever.

Rating Scale for Books:
1-5
0- Couldn't get past page 10 in fear of dying.
1- Ew. probably didn't make it past chapter 5 and then looked up the end.
2- Okay. May have been better if I wrote it.
3- Not bad. I'd recommend it.
4- My kind of book. There were probably only a few things that bothered me.
5- I liked this book. End of story.
6 and up- It was so epic I died a little inside.

Rating
4/5

As always, if you have anything you would like me to review, please leave it in the comments.

~Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment