Monday, April 23, 2012

Pretty Little Secrets

The first thing I thought when I saw this book, "Oh my gosh, there's another Pretty Little Liars book?" And yes, my friends, there is. And I did my research, and there will be 2 more, don't you worry. The book I read was Pretty Little Secrets by: Sara Shepard. This book was okay. First off, my background with the Pretty Little Liars books. I have read every one of them, I actually started them in 6th grade, which I wouldn't suggest, because the average 6th grader does not need to know many of the things in these books. They are a little bit inapro-pro (if you know what I mean). I will read the next 2 book when they come out, although, I will not buy them. I do not personally own any of these book, I get them from the public library. But let me tell you, in my city, these books are hard to get your hands on. They are popular. I was actually lucky enough to stumble upon this book while looking for a different book. Anyways.

So this book is about Hanna, Aria, Emily, and Spencer. It is narrated by a third person narrator in which we do not know. Every girl has their own 'book' if you will. Between these 'books' there is a letter from A, which we do not know at the time, since Mona is dead. this book is supposed to take place after the 4th book, but before the 5th. You eventually find out who this A is in a later book. They all have their own little winter break secrets and although they are okay friends, they don't really show up in one another's 'books.'

In a nutshell, Hanna goes to boot camp. Emily is a bad girl. Aria gets "married." And Spencer hits on a guy that her sister also likes, typical. If you have read any of the Pretty Little Liars books, this will not surprise you all that much. It is definitely a girl book though. If you a male, I would not recommend it. So that's that.

Rating Scale for Books:
1-5
0- Couldn't get past page 10 in fear of dying.
1- Ew. probably didn't make it past chapter 5 and then looked up the end.
2- Okay. May have been better if I wrote it.
3- Not bad. I'd recommend it.
4- My kind of book. There were probably only a few things that bothered me.
5- I liked this book. End of story.
6 and up- It was so epic I died a little inside.  

Rating
2.5/5

As always, if you have anything you would like me to review, please leave it in the comments.

~Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment