Monday, April 23, 2012

Witch & Wizard

A few weeks ago, my brother was reading the last book in a series and the graphic novel based off of the first book in that series so I thought, hey why not? The first book in the series is called Witch & Wizard by: James Patterson. This books plot line is pretty good, actually kind of confusing for a children's book. First off, I have read some of his books before, and I absolutely loveeee his writing style. He keeps his chapter short, sweet, and to the point. He separates the book into sections (I'm petty sure this one had 4 and an epilogue section), which makes it easier to stop reading at a certain point. Since the chapters are really short, there are over 100 in every book, I believe (this one had 104).

Now to the summary, so at the beginning of the book you here from the main character, Wisty, 's POV and learn that she is about the be hanged (hung, not sure, I'm not all that good at grammar). Then she flashes back, because you can't start a book at the end. Haha, yes you can, but that is another discussion. Anyways, I get off topic easily. Where was I? Oh, yes. So then you learn about the New Order and how Whit and Wisty are taken and that they are a witch and wizard (shocker). I can't really say anymore about that without giving the whole book away, but I thought it was pretty good. After reading the book, I read the graphic novel, which didn't give the book any justice. The graphic novel cover is to the right. I mean, if you read the book, as what the heck, may as well read the graphic novel. But if you just so happen to pick it up and you haven't read the book, IT WILL NOT MAKE THE BOOK ANY BETTER. PLEASE READ THE BOOK FIRST.

Anyways, there isn't really much for me to talk about without giving away the whole book, but I have a few more things to say. 1. If you like action/fantasy/future books. Read it. Definitely if you like fantasy.
2. Even though I am a girl, I would categorize this a 'boy's book.' I mean, this is an opinion, but if you're a girly girl, you probably won't like this book. Boys, yea, probably all of you will like it. But girls, I challenge you. Read it. Tell me if you like it in the comments.

Rating Scale for Books:
1-5
0- Couldn't get past page 10 in fear of dying.
1- Ew. probably didn't make it past chapter 5 and then looked up the end.
2- Okay. May have been better if I wrote it.
3- Not bad. I'd recommend it.
4- My kind of book. There were probably only a few things that bothered me.
5- I liked this book. End of story.
6 and up- It was so epic I died a little inside.

Rating
3/5

As always, if you have anything you would like me to review, leave it in the comments.
~Stone



No comments:

Post a Comment